Deliciously creamy, this comes together in less than 20 minutes and is perfect for breakfast, or dessert! The floral spice reminds me of springtime, but it's great any time of year.
- 1 cup dry Pure Living Organic Sprouted Quinoa
- 4 cups unsweetened plant-based milk
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp Curio Spice Co. Fleur Spice
- 2 Tbsp sweetener of choice (I used date sugar)
- ½ cup dried fruit (such as raisins or goji berries)
- Orange zest (optional)
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed, ground
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add spouted quinoa, milk, sliced bananas, and vanilla and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until quinoa is cooked.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add Fleur Spice, sweetener, and dried fruit to the saucepan, stirring to incorporate. Taste and adjust with additional sweetener and added orange zest, if desired.
- Add ground flaxseed to the saucepan stirring until it thickens. If it becomes too thick, add milk to thin to your preference.
- Enjoy warm, or chill and enjoy cold!
This recipe features items from the Celebrate Spring Nurish Box: