Recipe by Twyla Teitzel
Let's all be thankful that today we Nurish our bodies and no longer stuff them with animal products and sweet potatoes with marshmallows.
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 small organic red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper,diced
- 2 cups cooked Chili Smith Sunset Runner Heirloom Beans
- 6 cups chopped leafy greens (I like arugula and spinach)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Lime Vinaigrette (see below)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place the sweet potatoes and garlic on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
- When finished roasting, peel and mince the garlic.
- Place the sweet potatoes, garlic and the remainder of the ingredients except the dressing in a large bowl and combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and enjoy with mindful thanks and gratitude.
Lime Vinaigrette Ingredients
- ½ cup cilantro
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed organic lime juice (about 1-1½ limes) with zest from lime(s)
- 2 Tbsp Date Lady Date Sugar
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup water
- Jalapeño (optional if you like it spicy, how much you add is up to you!)
Lime Vinaigrette Instructions
- Add all ingredients to a blender and process until smooth.